Advanced Introduction to Gender Research
This is an advanced introductory course providing students with a theoretical-methodological framework, and enhancing students’ understanding of the meaning, function and methodological value of the key concepts of feminist, queer, and postcolonial theory, among others. Special emphasis in this course lies on how to approach academic work, and how to engage critically with textual materials and with students’ individual research interests. The course also introduces various debates and traditions of feminist theory and elaborates the terms ‘gender’, ‘race’, ‘sexuality’, ‘difference,’ ‘other’, ‘experience’ and ‘location’ (among others) in feminist scholarship. Participants are expected to approach the course from the perspective of their research topics and interests.
- Dates: September – November 2018
- Location: NOG – Utrecht University
- Credits: 5 ECTS (credits can only be awarded after an accepted written paper. Students not requiring any credits will receive a certificate of attendance)
- Details: only open to PhD candidates registered at Dutch universities and students enrolled in the NOG International Programme.
- Registration: mid-August 2018 at email@example.com