Gender Studies Now
This course invites faculty from the Netherlands Research School of Genderstudies (NOG) to present current research and have interactive workshops with the students. The sessions will be workshops that follow thematic streams such as e.g. ‘sexualities today’, ‘homonationalism’, ‘posthumanist interventions’, ‘transitional justice’, ‘the affective turn’, or ‘beyond the gender binary’.
The course works always in close cooperation with all partner programs present in NOG in order to connect the work and research done in Gender Studies in the Netherlands. The workshops will be prepared by readings related to the session’s topic.
Previous teachers: Dr. Liesbeth Minnaard (Leiden University), Dr. Layal Ftouni (Utrecht University), Dr. Maria Boletsi (Leiden University), Dr. Marie-Louise Janssen (UvA), Dr. Niels Spierings (Radboud University Nijmegen), Dr. Louis van den Hengel (Maastricht University), Dr. Magda Gorska (Utrecht University), Prof. Liedeke Plate (Radboud University Nijmegen), Dr. Eva Midden (Utrecht University), Prof. Lies Wesseling (Maastricht University), Prof. Marieke van den Brink (Radboud University Nijmegen), Anne-Louise Schotel (University of Amsterdam), Dr. Katrine Smiet (Radboud University Nijmegen), Dr. Alex Thinius (University of Amsterdam), Dr. Nishant Shah (ArtEZ University of the Arts), Dr. Koen Leurs (Utrecht University), Dr. Christine Quinan (Utrecht University), Dr. Diego Semerene Guimaraes Semerene Costa (University of Amsterdam), Prof. Misha Kavka (University of Amsterdam), Dr. Lieks Hettinga (Leiden University).
Coordinators in 2024 are Dr. Eva Hayward and Dr. Eva Midden.
- Dates: 3 Wednesdays in Spring 2024
- Location: NOG – Utrecht University
- Credits: 5 ECTS (credits will only be awarded after an accepted written paper. Students not requiring any credits will receive a certificate of attendance)
- Details: open to NOG RMA students, as well as Research Master students enrolled in LOGOS Research Schools.
- Registration: please email firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1, 2023